Friday 16 November 2018

Reasonable Free Will

The time traveler told me I was important due to something about cosmic fatelines or something like that. Was odd to be given a time machine and an explanation right out of new age crystal worship.

But after a few trips backwards along my life, I had to believe him. I asked if I could go forward, and he gave me more weird talk about anything forward from my starting point was only a theoretical future, that it was the most likely outcome based on reasonable choices. But free will would will out.

I sped forward twenty years as much to get any from his words than to see what would happen.

I found myself in a darkened room, as a general gestured towards a map covered in lines and circles. She assured the President, which was me, apparently, that after these meganukes dropped, the five years of war would end.

I went back to my original time and went off on the time traveler. There was no way I'd make reasonable choices and end up there. I swore to prove it by making real reasonable choices.

And I avoided that future!

Much more reasonable to drop those bombs early.

No comments:

Post a Comment