Saturday 20 January 2024

Nos Ferratu Tattoos

I was drawn to this place, but as I stood inside, I felt uncomfortable, and not just because the air conditioning was blowing hard across me.


There was no one behind the desk, but I couldn't find my voice. So instead I slowly approached the display book and began to look through the pictures. Each tattoo was a work of art, and I realised I was probably unable to pay-


"She wanted to highlight it, given it symbolised her choice to, well, join her lover here."


The tattoo was a circular pattern around a belly button, although as I tried to focus on it, it seemed to shift before my eyes on the paper.


I turned to face the speaker, and if I had my voice, I would have lost it again. Instead I just stared, my mouth opening and closing, as the pale, almost ethereal beauty of a man, slowly approached me from behind the counter.


"You were wanting something simple, I assume? Perhaps you're a little overwhelmed with-"


He reached out and I ran out the door, hearing him sigh softly as I did.


I can't seem to find that tattoo shop again, no matter what I do...

No comments:

Post a Comment