Monday 25 March 2024

Burning Paperwork

How i died isn't important (don't bother looking it up, trust me), but what is important is what happened next, when I woke up in a professional looking office, in reds and blacks. I pulled myself up near the window, and looked out across rivers of brimstone and flocks of flying demons, intermixed with bland looking apartment blocks and theatres.


"Physical pain isn't always the most punishing aspect, so we've got a lot of different areas now, for mental and spiritual torture. Variety and all that."


I turned around and saw a femaleish demon in something resembling a business suit, although my eyes watered if I tried to focus on it.


"Ok, and what is this room then?"


"Oh, this is your office. You're in charge now."


I blinked, and not because I was trying to look at her (?) outfit.


"I'm in charge of Hell?"


"Well, not all of it, just this sector. You'll report to the Board, and judged against the other 665 sectors."


"But, why me? I'm the last person you'd choose, surely?"


She smirked.


"Like I said, we have variety now. And this is the most effective way to torture you.


And also reduce payroll, added bonus." 

No comments:

Post a Comment