Tuesday 6 April 2021

Technical Black Hole

It was a small square, maybe the size of a processed cheese slice. And although it was a remarkably dark jet black, I wasn't immediately sure what was so remarkable about it, or why it needed the energy field case. I looked over at the Professor.


"So what is this?"


"Put it down."


I casually placed it on the table.


"It's technically a black hole, I think."


I slowly took a step back away from the technical black hole.


"How technical we talking?"


"It's less a point of intense gravity as it is a patch of nothingness that erases everything it touches."


I considered this while taking another casual step away from it.


"Well, obviously waste management will want this, if it contains radiation and such. But why have you called me in here? Last we spoke, you told me I was a hack and a moron."


"I need you to confirm my findings. It coming from you will carry weight. And if you truly care for science..."


I sighed, and began running tests, recording my findings and supporting his claims before I noticed his wife wasn't there, too late to lie and see him wrongly jailed for her murder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment