Sunday 19 January 2020

Grab What You Need

While he acknowledged the debt he owed me, I could tell the wizard was trying to guide me to take a Summonsteed figurine or something else simple to pay it off. But I was having fun going through his workshop.

I found the bundle of sticks hidden under a stack of scrolls. As i pulled it out, the sticks rearranged themselves into a ring, the size of a small well, with blackness filling the inside.

"And this is?"

He took his time in answering.

"It's a Grabcircle. You think of something you need or want, really concentrate on it, then reach in and you grab it."

I considered this.

"And what's the Demon's Trick?"

"Well it can't be anything alive, so no experienced virgins or power crystal spiders. That's the main one."

"So there's a secondary one?"

"Well, it's just that occasionally a hand will reach through and take something of yours that, presumably, someone else needs."

I considered this.

"So it's not making the stuff, just taking it? From where?"

The wizard shrugged.

I began to concentrate on what I needed, then reached through. I pulled out the letter, from my future self, telling me to take the Grabcircle.

No comments:

Post a Comment