Saturday 12 May 2018

Real To Me

I walked into her office to ask about the TS-799 forms, but froze when I saw her try, in vain, to disguise the fact she had been crying.

"Um, are you ok?"

She smiled weakly.

"Oh, yeah, it's nothing, really..."

I sighed, running a hand through my beard.

"Try me."

She squirmed in her ergonomic chair.

"Well it's just that, I mean, it's silly to get emotional over a TV show."

I shook my head.

"No it's not, fictional characters are just as real as you want them to be. If a wedding or a divorce or whatever has an emotional impact on you, then it's real. Hell, I'm still not completely over when Skuwiff stabbed Princess Sevilla in the back with the Sword Of Chance in Super Bounce Brothers 128!"

She stared at me blankly, then chuckled.

"I have no idea what you just said, but thank you for understanding."

I nodded.

"Of course, you'll have to tell me what the show was, I'll go mad otherwise."

"Oh, well, Ethonia died on Lust For Glory."

I immediately went and hugged her.

Poor girl, she clearly hadn't read the books, else she'd know about the Rise of the Zombie Princess.

No comments:

Post a Comment