Wednesday 17 July 2013

Debut Artist Awareness Enhancement Consultant

(Author's Notes: Well, it's been nearly 2 months, so time enough to mess with the format. I intend to stick to the drabble format the vast majority of the time here, but occasionally I may well have an idea that I can't express to my satisfaction in 100 words. Like this one, which is a double drabble, 200 words.

OK, so I went to that just for the name, but still. This will be an infrequent occurrence at best. If you have feedback on this, by all means let me know.)



It was about 3am. I didn’t pay attention when she got onto the train. She looked like another rocker chick, heading back home after a concert, or someone’s home at least. But then the tattoos and hair came off.

A few minutes after sitting down, she looked like a normal woman. She noticed me staring.

“What?”

I gestured to the outfit, and the wig sitting next to her.

“I’m a professional fangirl. I get hired to turn up to movie premiers and live performances to scream and shout and what have you. I mean, when they sign a new act, they don’t have screaming fans right away.”

She noticed my confusion wasn’t gone, and rolled her eyes. After a second, she began to scream. She fell to her knees, tears forming in her eyes, as she grabbed my hand and begged for an autograph.

And then, just like that, she stopped and went back to normal. I finally found my voice.

“So you live your life pretending to adore other people’s work. I assume you’re looking for someone to truly adore you?”

She snorted.

“Yeah, real like doesn’t work like that.” she said as she got up and walked away.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment